Friday, October 3, 2008

We are here!!!

Hello!! We made it! Sorry I was not able to post yesterday. We arrived in Reçife around noon yesterday. After meeting the family and leaving the airport, we went to eat at a Brazilian restaurant. It was very good. From there, we went home and took a cold shower and then a nap. It was wonderful. It is warm here, but not unbearable. Last night, we went to watch Tito (Alisson´s nephew) play a futsal (Brazilian indoor soccer) game. He is very good. He scored a goal! He is the team captain, and he seems to have a great way of encouraging the team. We had a good time with everyone there. Tonight is the family gathering of sorts. We will be having a cookout with the family and friends at Mae and Pai´s (Alisson´s mom and dad´s) apartment. I am sorry to not be posting pictures of yesterday and today, but I will hopefully be able to come back to the coffee shop and post tomorrow. I hope you are all doing well. We are having a great time.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for keeping us posted! Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time!

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear that you've made it safely! I am praying for you! Have fun!

Melfunnie said...

You're in Brazil! Woohoo! thanks for the updates. And you cut your hair! Very cute!

Sally said...

So glad to see you've made it safely! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

G&A Lemes said...

Ok!
Now I know how to submit this...
Anyway, happy for you guys to be spending this time in BRASIL.
I emailed something to Cristina before I figured this here.
Take care,